Important Information for Float Registrants
To Register your Float for this year’s Santa Claus Parade, you must let us know right away! Last year’s Parade had more than 50 floats…with many more last minute requests! Book early to reserve your space!
- All Parade Floats (motorized vehicles in the parade included) will be staged from Joe Sam’s Park, on Centre Rd. just south of the 5th Concession (Across from St Thomas Catholic Church)
- Vehicles that are not directly participating in the parade will not be permitted entry to the staging area in Joe Sam’s Park after 3:30 pm.
- After this time (3:30PM), supply drop off/passenger drop off/participant parking will be at a separate entrance (South parking lot, entrance across from St. Thomas Church)
- All floats must be ready to go by 5:00 pm. READY MEANS THAT THE FLOAT IS FULLY DECORATED, WELL LIT, MUSIC WORKING, ALL POWER OPERATIONAL, all riders must be at the float by 5:00PM
- THERE WILL BE NO MOTORIZED ACCESS INTO JOE SAM’S AFTER 5:00 PM IN ORDER TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL PARADE PARTICIPANTS. NO EXCEPTIONS – THE ENTRANCE WILL BE BLOCKED, AND TRAFFIC WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE PARKING LOT
- Parade volunteers may have golf carts available to assist in order to ensure safety of all participants
- All Participants riding on the floats must be at their float by 5:00pm in order to keep them safe. Joe Sam’s is a very large park and when it gets dark, there are over 60 parade vehicles waiting to join the parade. Participants cannot be entering the park at random for fear of being hit by a vehicle
- Floats will be leaving Joe Sam’s to stage before entering on Centre Rd beginning at 5:45
- Joe Sam’s participants must return to the park from where they were staged. No participant will be allowed to dismount a float until it returns to its originating park. As Centre Road will be closed until approximately 9:00 pm, please use Concession 5 to access Joe Sam’s Park to pick up participants of the parade. THERE WILL BE POLICE AND PARADE SECURITY VOLUNTEERS TO ASSIST IN GETTING PARTICIPANTS OUT OF THE PARK SAFELY
How to Register Your Float
STEP 1 – Register
Complete and submit the Registration Form.
STEP 2 – Make your Payment
We accept VISA and MASTERCARD via PayPal, or you can mail us your full parade entry fee. Payment must be received by Friday before the day of the parade in order to participate in the parade. Entry fees WILL NOT be accepted on parade day.
Entry Fees: Corporate Entrants – $ 250.00 Non-Profit Entrants – $ 50.00
Payment Methods: Visa and Mastercard using PayPal (How PayPal Works) Cheque made payable to “Flamborough Santa Claus Parade” and mailed as soon as possible to:
Flamborough Santa Claus Parade Committee
Step 3 – Confirmation
A confirmation number will be sent to you the week before the parade. No float will be permitted entry to the parade without a confirmation number. Please ensure that your participants are aware of their confirmation number and the park from which your entry will be staged.
ALL REGISTRANTS must review and acknowledge our Parade Rules and Regulations – The contact person for your organization will be responsible for ensuring your group is aware of and follows the rules as outlined.
Bands – register here
Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book as all correspondence will be sent via e-mail.
Staging of your float or band will be done from one of two parks in Waterdown. A confirmation number is required for participation. NOTE: Your confirmation number DOES NOT represent the order in which you will be staged.
Joe Sams Park (view map)
- All floats/vehicles depart from this park and must be at the park and ready to go by 5:00pm
- No passenger vehicles will be permitted in to Joe Sams Park after 3:30 pm
- Passenger drop off will be at a separate entrance
- All participants must return to the park from where they are staged
- No participant will be allowed to dismount a float until it returns to its originating park
- As Centre Road will be closed until approximately 9:30 pm, please use Concession 5 to access Joe Sams park to pick up participants of the parade
Memorial Park (view map)
- All marching bands and walking participants will depart from this park are to be at the park by 5:45 pm
- All participants must return to the park from which they are staged.
- There will be no parking at Memorial Park for passenger vehicles
- There is no pick up or drop off location within the park (i.e. you will need to find a suitable parking spot or drop off spot)
- Please ensure you have sufficient time to locate parking and make your way to the staging area
Additional Information for Bands
- All marching bands will be staged from Memorial Park (unless otherwise noted – please check list below).
- Please have a representative from your group visit the Command Centre at the front of the park to pick up your cheque
- If your entry is arriving by bus, you must arrive no later than 5:15 pm and are to park at the back of the park
- No buses will be permitted entry to the park after 5:15 pm
- If your band is part of a float, it will be staged from Joe Sams Park.
- As a reminder, you are required to play throughout the entire parade route and keep pace with the parade.