- Parking is available in and around the Parade Route.
- Streets will be closed from 6:00 pm SHARP.
- Streets will remain closed until the last float (Santa) crosses the finish line.
If you are planning to park within the boundaries of the parade route you will not be permitted to leave until the streets have officially re-opened. In addition, anyone parking outside the boundaries of the parade route will not be allowed to cross any part of the route until the end of the parade.
Please expect delays when you are exiting and watch for pedestrians.
Accessible Parking and Special Viewing Area at Turkstra Lumber.
Parking spaces are reserved for persons with disabilities and are provided courtesy of Turkstra Lumber in their parking lot located on Hamilton Street next to Home Hardware. Please remember to arrive before the roads close.
Where to Sit
Both sides of the street, anywhere along the Parade Route are open to the general public on a first come basis, and will provide you with a great place to view the parade.
- Bring your lawn chairs, stand, or a favourite spot for the kids is to sit on the curb (but remember for safety reasons they need to stay there).
- It is advised that you arrive early to find a prime viewing spot.
- Don’t forget to bring your blankets as the weather can get very cold on parade day.
PLEASE NOTE: Although the bands and walkers start from Memorial Park, the official start of the parade is at Hamilton Street & Rockhaven. To ensure you see the entire parade you will want to set up anywhere south of Hamilton Street and Rockhanven. We have also observed that there is usually plenty of seating available towards the end of the parade route.
Kids – Write to Santa and bring your letters to the parade!
Santa loves getting letters from all the boys and girls so make sure you bring your letter for Santa to the parade.
Watch for Santa’s special helpers who will collect your letter and make sure Santa receives them in plenty of time.
Use Santa’s proper address and be sure to include your full return address so Santa can write you back:
No postage required!